Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A note for anyone considering working for Iod Incorprated.

Iod Incorporated is a medical records service company that reproduces patient medical records and sends them to the requesting party, mostly for a fee. I worked for them in the Seattle area for about 15 months and couldn't have been more disappointed with my experience there. If anyone is considering a job there I would suggest you make a promise to yourself first that you will not stay any longer than 3-6 months. The managers there (esp. Jolene Lasley) are very tempermental and will lie to you about your annual raise coming any day now. If you happen to work there a year and are expecting to receive the annual raise that you as an employee are promised (likely 3% if you're lucky) it will not happen until 3-5 months later as they are hoping they can fire you instead of giving you an extra .25-.50 cents an hour. This is what happened to me, the reason they gave to me and WA state unemployment was that I missed work too often. I only missed one day in the last 7 months I worked there. Before that I had one sick day after the new year and missed several days due to a snow storm which basically shut down the entire Seattle-Tacoma area for a week around Christmas time. My boss seemed understanding at the time, but it turns out she is an incompetent manager working for a company that treats its employees worse than any I have encountered previously. Please save yourself the heartache if you are thinking of working for them and continue to look elsewhere.

1 comment:

  1. I should also mention the IOD Incorporated retirement plan, since details on it were incredibly vague. If you are career minded and want to find a company to spend decades with, enjoy increasing responsibility and eventually retire from IOD Incorporated will be a black hole that will do nothing but delay your plans until you find something better. The 401k plan they offer their valued employees after 1 year of employment with them does not, nor ever will include any employer matching. You would be much more prudent opening your own IRA or 401k with smarter investments and lower fees outside of what IOD offers. Or quickly find work elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete